A teenager in Thrissur who posed before an oncoming train to click an adventurous photo of himself and upload it on Facebook was fatally run over Wednesday. According to Nedupuzha police, 16-year-old Edwin was hit by a train when he was sitting on the track and posing for a photograph. The victim was unable to move out of the way in time.
He was accompanied by his younger brother and a friend. Police said the three were celebrating Edwin’s Class 10 results. Edwin succumbed in the hospital Wednesday.
In another incident, a 32-year-old in Kayamkulam, Alappuzha, lost his life while trying to depict a suicide scene for the camera. He, too, wanted to post it on Facebook.
Police said Abilash Sashi, who worked in private firm, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at his house Wednesday. A camera-enabled mobile phone was placed in the room to capture his “prank”.
“We found that Sashi has a history of enacting suicide attempts and uploading the visuals on Facebook. In the past, he had cut his vein and posted photographs of his bleeding hands. He had no reason to commit suicide. Prima facie, it appears the rope he used to enact the suicide scene accidentally got tight around his neck,” said SHO T Rajappan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More