Two persons died after police opened fire to control a communal clash in Rajendranagar under the Cyberabad Police Commissionerate today morning. Police said that trouble started at Sikh Chawani near Bahadurpura, not far from the Old city area, when members of one community found their religious flags burnt, and attacked two youths on suspicion.
The youths raised an alarm and within no time the heated arguments turned into a communal clash with groups on both sides indulging in stone-pelting and arson.
As the news spread, members of both communities came out in large numbers and attacked houses in the lanes and by lanes. Central and Paramilitary forces which had been requisitioned for election duty were rushed to the area, police commissioner C V Anand said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Police opened fire when the stone-pelting and arson could not be controlled near Kishanbaug in spite of warnings and tear-gas. Cyberabad joint commissioner Y Gangadhar and his team were attacked near Kishanbaug and pelted with stones. The clashes which started at 5 am were brought under control by 8 am, police said.
At least six vehicles were burnt by the miscreants. Patrolling and security has been stepped up in the old city area after the clashes.