Naxals on Wednesday carried out two powerful blasts in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district, injuring two CRPF personnel.
The blast comes a day before Lok Sabha polls in the area.
According to preliminary information, a patrol squad of the force was on a operational task when two Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blasts occurred in the forests of Bijapur near Gangloor village.
“The blasts were powerful and few personnel were feared to have been hit by shrapnels of the improvised bomb,” a senior official said.
Officials said while one jawan of the force was critically injured, the other, who is a Sub-Inspector is out of danger.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Reinforcement troops of the CRPF and state police have been rushed to the area, they said.
The entire southern region of the state, comprising the Naxal-affected area of Bastar, will go to polls tomorrow and the forces were out on the task of dominating the area when the incident occurred.