Naxals on Wednesday carried out two powerful blasts in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district, injuring two CRPF personnel.
The blast comes a day before Lok Sabha polls in the area.
According to preliminary information, a patrol squad of the force was on a operational task when two Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blasts occurred in the forests of Bijapur near Gangloor village.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The blasts were powerful and few personnel were feared to have been hit by shrapnels of the improvised bomb,” a senior official said.
Officials said while one jawan of the force was critically injured, the other, who is a Sub-Inspector is out of danger.
Reinforcement troops of the CRPF and state police have been rushed to the area, they said.
The entire southern region of the state, comprising the Naxal-affected area of Bastar, will go to polls tomorrow and the forces were out on the task of dominating the area when the incident occurred.