Two CRPF commandos were critically injured when they were attacked by suspected Garo tribal militants in North Garo Hills district in Meghalaya on Thursday, police said.
A commando was shot in the chest, while the other in the leg when they were on a routine operation at Soinang area to flush out militants hiding in the district in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police J F K Marak said.
Both the injured commandos were rushed to Guwahati for treatment and their conditions have improved and are currently out of danger, he said.
Police suspects that the Garo National Liberation Army militants headed by their ‘Area Commander’ Philliport was behind the attack, the SP said.
Police have recovered three pistols along with ammunition, a clamour mine, a grenade, an AK magazine and some documents from the spot, Marak said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked