Two constables of Uttar Pradesh police were shot dead by unidentified miscreants during a chase in the Ramgarh area here.
The incident took place when the police duo, constables Dinesh Pratap Singh and Giriraj Kishore Gujjar, aged between 30-32 years, were chasing a group of miscreants last night at Sailai road, DIG range, Vijay Singh Meena said. The duo had learnt of some miscreants fleeing after carrying out a loot and had gone to intervene, Meena added.
While Giriraj died on the spot after being shot, Dinesh was rushed to the hospital, where he died during treatment.
Following the incident, SO Ramgarh Ajay Kumar Yadav and Sub-Inspector Omar Farooq have been suspended, the DIG said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the assailants but no arrests have so far been made in the case, police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Violent protests erupt over killing of constable duo
Violent protests broke out here on Monday in which several persons, including a DIG of police, were injured following the killing of two police constables by unidentified assailants. Protests erupted in the city at Subhash crossing near the district hospital with locals demanding immediate arrest of those involved in the killing of the two constables on Sunday night at Sailai road.
The angry mob blocked the road and also set a police vehicle on fire. The protesters demanded that a case be registered against the Ramgarh SO and also called for the removal of Additional Superintendent of Police, Rakesh Pandey.
Additional personnel have been rushed to the area where the protests are taking place. The protesters, meanwhile, demanded that a case be registered against the Ramgarh SO and also called for the removal of Additional Superintendent of Police Rakesh Pandey. Additional personnel have been rushed to the area where the protests are taking place, police said.