Two constables of Uttar Pradesh police were shot dead by unidentified miscreants during a chase in the Ramgarh area here.
The incident took place when the police duo, constables Dinesh Pratap Singh and Giriraj Kishore Gujjar, aged between 30-32 years, were chasing a group of miscreants last night at Sailai road, DIG range, Vijay Singh Meena said. The duo had learnt of some miscreants fleeing after carrying out a loot and had gone to intervene, Meena added.
While Giriraj died on the spot after being shot, Dinesh was rushed to the hospital, where he died during treatment.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Following the incident, SO Ramgarh Ajay Kumar Yadav and Sub-Inspector Omar Farooq have been suspended, the DIG said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the assailants but no arrests have so far been made in the case, police said.
Violent protests erupt over killing of constable duo
Violent protests broke out here on Monday in which several persons, including a DIG of police, were injured following the killing of two police constables by unidentified assailants. Protests erupted in the city at Subhash crossing near the district hospital with locals demanding immediate arrest of those involved in the killing of the two constables on Sunday night at Sailai road.
The angry mob blocked the road and also set a police vehicle on fire. The protesters demanded that a case be registered against the Ramgarh SO and also called for the removal of Additional Superintendent of Police, Rakesh Pandey.
Additional personnel have been rushed to the area where the protests are taking place. The protesters, meanwhile, demanded that a case be registered against the Ramgarh SO and also called for the removal of Additional Superintendent of Police Rakesh Pandey. Additional personnel have been rushed to the area where the protests are taking place, police said.