The Bangalore city police detained two brothers under the Goonda act on Tuesday for past involvement in violent crimes. The arrests under the Goonda Act are the latest in a series carried out over the past month by the Bangalore police to control crime in the city and to maintain law and order.
The two arrested men were identified as Pradeep (32) and his elder brother Viji alias Vijendran (40) residents of Kullappa Circle in Kammanahalli in East Bangalore. Police said the duo were habitual offenders involved in murders and attempts to murder. The duo assaulted and murdered a notorious rowdy Palani in 2006 at the Hosmat Hospital in centralo Bangalore.
They were also arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) police on November 8, 2013 while preparing for a dacoity.
Police said the duo though not involved in any fresh case were being detained under the Goonda Act “with a view to preclude them from acting in any manner prejudicial to the maintenance of public order”.
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
The Bangalore police have been carrying out a series of detentions under provisions of the Karnataka Prevention of Dangerous Activities of Bootleggers, Drug Offenders, Gamblers, Goonda, Immoral traffic offenders and Slum Grabbers, Video or Audio Pirates Act, 1985 following a public outcry over a spike in crimes in the city especially attacks on women.
“Pradeep and Viji are brothers who are notorious for murders and assaults. They were sent to jail under the Goonda Act today,” Bangalore police commissioner M N Reddi said.