The Bangalore city police detained two brothers under the Goonda act on Tuesday for past involvement in violent crimes. The arrests under the Goonda Act are the latest in a series carried out over the past month by the Bangalore police to control crime in the city and to maintain law and order.
The two arrested men were identified as Pradeep (32) and his elder brother Viji alias Vijendran (40) residents of Kullappa Circle in Kammanahalli in East Bangalore. Police said the duo were habitual offenders involved in murders and attempts to murder. The duo assaulted and murdered a notorious rowdy Palani in 2006 at the Hosmat Hospital in centralo Bangalore.
They were also arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) police on November 8, 2013 while preparing for a dacoity.
Police said the duo though not involved in any fresh case were being detained under the Goonda Act “with a view to preclude them from acting in any manner prejudicial to the maintenance of public order”.
The Bangalore police have been carrying out a series of detentions under provisions of the Karnataka Prevention of Dangerous Activities of Bootleggers, Drug Offenders, Gamblers, Goonda, Immoral traffic offenders and Slum Grabbers, Video or Audio Pirates Act, 1985 following a public outcry over a spike in crimes in the city especially attacks on women.
“Pradeep and Viji are brothers who are notorious for murders and assaults. They were sent to jail under the Goonda Act today,” Bangalore police commissioner M N Reddi said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More