India and Germany on Wednesday signed two agreements on “green energy corridors” under which Delhi will receive almost 900 million euros loan from the European nation.
This includes 5.45 million euros for consultancy projects of German Environment Ministry and a commitment for 250 million euros to support the feeding of power from renewable sources into India’s grid.
The agreements were signed as German President Joachim Gauck, who is currently visiting India, met PM Manmohan Singh in New Delhi. The two held talks for an hour-and-half and discussed issues such as trade, science and technology, vocational training and Afghanistan. While there was no official statement from either side on the talks, sources termed them “very warm” and “cordial”.
“We have adjusted our cooperation instruments in line with the times. India is an emerging economy that still requires high levels of investment. At the same time, it is an equal partner for us. By focusing our cooperation on energy efficiency and renewable energy… we are addressing issues important for the future,” said Germany’s minister for economic cooperation and development Gerd Mueller after he signed the agreements with Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched