Five students allegedly kidnapped a junior schoolmate in Malda district, murdered him and then demanded ransom from the victim’s father — all after watching a tv serial, the police said on Friday.
The five studying in classes XI and XII kidnapped a student of class VII of their own school at Bamangola on Tuesday, took him to an abandoned house where they murdered him and then called up his wealthy father to demand a ransom of Rs 10 lakh.
They asked the victim’s father to bring the ransom money to a spot at Kendpukur in Bamangola the next day. The father, after informing the police, went to the directed place.
The police arrested two of the boys from there and found the victim’s body. After questioning the two, three more students were arrested, the sources said. The arrested students revealed during interrogation that they had planned it after watching a television serial, the sources said. When produced before a local court during the day, the five were remanded to 10 days police custody.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More