With the Telangana Bill having been passed in Parliament, a victorious Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao returned to Hyderabad today from New Delhi to a hero’s welcome by thousands of enthusiastic TRS party workers.
The TRS made massive arrangements to welcome him and thousands of party workers and Telangana supporters gathered in Hyderabad from different Telangana districts to participate in a victory rally from Begumpet airport to the Telangana martyrs’ memorial near the state Assembly.
Before leaving for Delhi for the recently concluded Parliament session during which the Telangana bill was passed, the TRS president had announced that he would return to a separate Telangana state.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
TRS leaders also arranged horses and camels for a traditional welcome for their leaders.
As scores of TRS activists and supporters showered flower petals on him, the TRS president wished them as he moved slowly towards the Telangana martyrs’ memorial.
Speaking to reporters about a merger or tie-up with Congress, TRS MLA and Chandrasekhar Rao’s son K T Rama Rao said that it is a historic occasion for TRS and that the party would first like to see formalities related to AP’s bifurcation to be completed.
It took nearly four hours for the TRS president’s procession to reach the Telangana martyrs’ memorial, where he paid homage to the martyrs.
Hundreds of TRS activists and other Telangana supporters gathered at the martyrs’ memorial, which is located near the AP Legislative Assembly building.