Tripura government on Saturday announced a magisterial inquiry into the clash between BSF and villagers at South Ramnagar in which two persons, including a BSF jawan, were killed and ten injured on Friday night.
District Magistrate of West Tripura district, Abhishek Singh, who visited the scene on Saturday, said a magisterial level inquiry was ordered into the incident.
“Inquiry has already started and I am doing it. Result would be known after the inquiry is over. Stern action would be taken if any body is found guilty. No one would be spared,” Singh told PTI.
Security was beefed up with the deployment of Tripura State Rifles (TSR) and security personnel were seen patrolling the area, located two km away.
The clash broke out when the BSF personnel were chasing smugglers during a routine patrol in the area near the Indo-Bangla border on Friday night, said a BSF official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More