A Tribal woman was allegedly gangraped by 10 people, including her husband, and paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son following a land dispute.
After the woman lodged a complaint in which she alleged that the attack was carried out at the behest of her husband, all the accused were arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place three days ago at Bhiali Kheda village under Piplod police station. The victim reported the matter on June 13 to police after her family members brought her to Khandwa district hospital, police said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The woman alleged that before she was gangraped by her husband Kailash Rumalia and her relatives, she was paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son when she asked for water.
Meanwhile, the woman’s husband claimed before mediapersons that because of a land dispute, she was levelling baseless allegations against him and other villagers and also said that he doubted her character.
Police have registered a case under IPC sections 376 (g) (gangrape), 354 (b) (act with intent to disrobe a woman), 294 (obscene acts and songs), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) against the accused and are further probing the incident.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Women’s Cell Sunita Rawat said woman constables have been deployed at the hospital where the victim is undergoing treatment.