A Tribal woman was allegedly gangraped by 10 people, including her husband, and paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son following a land dispute.
After the woman lodged a complaint in which she alleged that the attack was carried out at the behest of her husband, all the accused were arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place three days ago at Bhiali Kheda village under Piplod police station. The victim reported the matter on June 13 to police after her family members brought her to Khandwa district hospital, police said.
The woman alleged that before she was gangraped by her husband Kailash Rumalia and her relatives, she was paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son when she asked for water.
Meanwhile, the woman’s husband claimed before mediapersons that because of a land dispute, she was levelling baseless allegations against him and other villagers and also said that he doubted her character.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Police have registered a case under IPC sections 376 (g) (gangrape), 354 (b) (act with intent to disrobe a woman), 294 (obscene acts and songs), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) against the accused and are further probing the incident.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Women’s Cell Sunita Rawat said woman constables have been deployed at the hospital where the victim is undergoing treatment.