Supreme Court Friday granted one year more for conclusion of trial in the sexual assault case against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal. A bench led by Chief Justice H L Dattu took note of district judge’s request to extend the deadline. The apex court had in January ordered the trial court to decide the case within eight months. Tejpal is out on bail.
- SC judge recuses from hearing Tarun Tejpal’s plea
- Tarun Tejpal rape case trial to begin from Feb 26
- Bombay High Court dismisses Tarun Tejpal plea to quash rape charge, discard trial
- Timeline of Tarun Tejpal rape case
- Tarun Tejpal case: Supreme Court stays for three weeks trial of sexual assault case against Tehelka founder
- Tejpal moves SC, says haven’t got records yet