Hundreds of Mata Vaishno Devi pilgrims had a narrow escape after their DEMU train got stranded inside a 1.5 kms long tunnel near Tikri on the Udhampur-Katra stretch this morning.
Attributing it to the failure of train’s power engine, sources said that incident took place around 5.45 am on Wednesday. The DEMU was on way to Katra from Udhampur at that time.
However, as there was no communication between the engine driver and the station master at both Udhampur and Katra stations, a railway police patrol first saw the train stranded inside the tunnel and informed senior officials.
Another engine from Udhampur was rushed to the spot to carry the train to Katra where it reached two hours behind schedule around 7.10 am.
The Udhampur-Katra section was thrown open for rail traffic following its inauguration by prime minister Narendra Modi on July 4.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More