Hundreds of Mata Vaishno Devi pilgrims had a narrow escape after their DEMU train got stranded inside a 1.5 kms long tunnel near Tikri on the Udhampur-Katra stretch this morning.
Attributing it to the failure of train’s power engine, sources said that incident took place around 5.45 am on Wednesday. The DEMU was on way to Katra from Udhampur at that time.
However, as there was no communication between the engine driver and the station master at both Udhampur and Katra stations, a railway police patrol first saw the train stranded inside the tunnel and informed senior officials.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Another engine from Udhampur was rushed to the spot to carry the train to Katra where it reached two hours behind schedule around 7.10 am.
The Udhampur-Katra section was thrown open for rail traffic following its inauguration by prime minister Narendra Modi on July 4.