Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh, is all set to make its debut in the railway map of the country. The Northeast Frontier Railway began carrying out test-run of an engine on the newly-constructed track from Harmutty in Assam to Naharlagun, the twin city of Arunachal capital, from Tuesday.
“The rail link was tested by engine rolling from Harmutty in Assam to the Naharlagun station. The formal inauguration of the project is slated for next month,” said Pige Ligu, Deputy Commissioner of Papum Pare in Arunachal Pradesh.
The work on 33-km railway project started in October 2008, and was originally scheduled to be completed by December 2012.
Samudra Gupta Kashyap
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn