More than 50 people were injured when the Guwahati-bound 15666 BG Express from Dimapur (Nagaland) derailed at Aujuri near Jagiroad, 50 km east of Guwahati, early Wednesday. Railway traffic east of Guwahati was disrupted, with several long-distance trains including the Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, being stranded at Lumding and other stations.
The incident occurred close to Aujuri station in Morigain district, around 2.15 am Wednesday, when the Guwahati-bound BG Express that had left Dimapur at around 9.30 pm Tuesday was 90 minutes away from its destination.
While ten coaches and the engine of the train jumped the rails, at least five coaches were partially submerged in water in the paddy field, injuring over 50 passengers, including women and children. Northeast Frontier Railway PRO Nripen Bhattacharyya said 19 of the injured were sent to hospital, of whom 12 were released, but seven were still undergoing treatment.
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
Eight pairs of trains between Guwahati and Dibrugarh were cancelled, including the Guwahati-Jorhat Janshatabdi Express and the Rangiya-Dibrugarh Express.