More than 50 people were injured when the Guwahati-bound 15666 BG Express from Dimapur (Nagaland) derailed at Aujuri near Jagiroad, 50 km east of Guwahati, early Wednesday. Railway traffic east of Guwahati was disrupted, with several long-distance trains including the Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, being stranded at Lumding and other stations.
The incident occurred close to Aujuri station in Morigain district, around 2.15 am Wednesday, when the Guwahati-bound BG Express that had left Dimapur at around 9.30 pm Tuesday was 90 minutes away from its destination.
While ten coaches and the engine of the train jumped the rails, at least five coaches were partially submerged in water in the paddy field, injuring over 50 passengers, including women and children. Northeast Frontier Railway PRO Nripen Bhattacharyya said 19 of the injured were sent to hospital, of whom 12 were released, but seven were still undergoing treatment.
Eight pairs of trains between Guwahati and Dibrugarh were cancelled, including the Guwahati-Jorhat Janshatabdi Express and the Rangiya-Dibrugarh Express.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest