While the AYUSH ministry is the nodal agency for the International Yoga Day celebrations, the Ministry of Tourism is also playing its part.
Besides propelling its missions abroad to organise simultaneous sessions on Sunday to coincide with the Rajpath programme, the ministry has also executed the entire outdoor branding campaign across India and abroad. Many officials from the Tourism Ministry have given their names for the mass yoga session at Rajpath, including Tourism Secretary Lalit K Panwar himself, who claims to be a yoga practitioner for the last 36 years, “ever since his IAS days”.
- International Yoga Day: Ramdev to set the tone with Rajpath event
- Delhi confidential: House Hassle
- Yoga Day: 192 countries, 37,500 mats in Yoga Capital
- Morarji Desai National Institute stretches itself to make Yoga Day a hit
- Baba Ramdev likely to share stage with PM Narendra Modi
- International Yoga day: Guinness teams ready, Govt seeks two records
The Ministry will also organise a mega event to release a special booklet on yoga on June 19, marketing yoga as a niche tourism offering.
The booklet, which will be released in the presence of actor Aamir Khan, the national ambassador for Incredible India campaign, and adman-poet Prasoon Joshi, will prescribe top Indian institutes for yoga and also mention the kind of yoga they teach and the specific health benefits of each type. “Henceforth, yoga will be showcased as an integral part of all our tourism campaigns,” said a senior official from the ministry.