The latest to enter the world of Twitter is none other than the President of India. The handle – @RashtrapatiBhvn – was launched on Tuesday with a cover picture of the Rashtrapati Bhawan and profile picture of President Pranab Mukherjee.
The bio of the verified profile says that all the tweets going through the handle would be signed by President Mukherjee.
“This is the official Twitter account of Rashtrapati Bhavan and is run by President’s Secretariat. Tweets from the President are signed – President Mukherjee,” says the bio.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Number of followers on the handle was on a steep rise – close to 3000 – till this report was filed.
The President has joined Twitter much after the PMO – @PMOIndia – made its debut on the micro-blogging site during the tenure of former prime minister Manmohan Singh. Narendra Modi, who is in the office as Prime Minister currently, is among the top 4 politicians to be followed on Twitter with as many as 5.06 million followers.