The latest to enter the world of Twitter is none other than the President of India. The handle – @RashtrapatiBhvn – was launched on Tuesday with a cover picture of the Rashtrapati Bhawan and profile picture of President Pranab Mukherjee.
The bio of the verified profile says that all the tweets going through the handle would be signed by President Mukherjee.
“This is the official Twitter account of Rashtrapati Bhavan and is run by President’s Secretariat. Tweets from the President are signed – President Mukherjee,” says the bio.
Number of followers on the handle was on a steep rise – close to 3000 – till this report was filed.
The President has joined Twitter much after the PMO – @PMOIndia – made its debut on the micro-blogging site during the tenure of former prime minister Manmohan Singh. Narendra Modi, who is in the office as Prime Minister currently, is among the top 4 politicians to be followed on Twitter with as many as 5.06 million followers.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016