Top Maoist leader Arvind Bachhar was on Sunday arrested following a raid at Baduria in North 24-Parganas district, police said. Bachhar, 45, was wanted in a number of cases including that of a major blast in Jhitka forest at Jhargram in West Midnapore district, Additional Superintendent of Police, North 24-Parganas district, Bhaskar Mukherjee, said.
The Jhargram police had issued an arrest warrant against Bachhar who had his house at Baduria’s Magurkhali village. The Maoist originally hailed from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh.
Bachhar would be produced before a court at Basirhat on Sunday, the ASP said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai