A top leader of the underground Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) was arrested from West Bengal’s Malda district.
Malkhan Singh alias Madhav Mondal, against whom over 10 cases related to terrorist activities are pending, was captured Saturday night from a jungle near Jamalpur village under Habibpur police station, SP Rupesh Kumar said.
On receiving a tip-off that Malkhan Singh was hiding in a forest near Jamalpur, a police team cordoned off the village and nabbed him. One automatic rifle, ammunition and cash were seized from the militant, the SP said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Chief Judicial Magistrate Sumitra Dev remanded Singh to 14-day police custody when he was produced before the court. DIG (Malda range) Satyajit Bandyopadhyay described Singh’s arrest as a major success for the police.
Singh was earlier arrested in the murder case of a CPM leader in 2006, but was released on bail. PTI