A top leader of the underground Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) was arrested from West Bengal’s Malda district.
Malkhan Singh alias Madhav Mondal, against whom over 10 cases related to terrorist activities are pending, was captured Saturday night from a jungle near Jamalpur village under Habibpur police station, SP Rupesh Kumar said.
On receiving a tip-off that Malkhan Singh was hiding in a forest near Jamalpur, a police team cordoned off the village and nabbed him. One automatic rifle, ammunition and cash were seized from the militant, the SP said.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Sumitra Dev remanded Singh to 14-day police custody when he was produced before the court. DIG (Malda range) Satyajit Bandyopadhyay described Singh’s arrest as a major success for the police.
Singh was earlier arrested in the murder case of a CPM leader in 2006, but was released on bail. PTI
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More