The results of the Lok Sabha elections are out. While the results have brought in some new faces like Moon Moon Sen and Harsh Vardhan in the Lok Sabha, there are some old ones who failed to make it to Parliament this year. Some stalwarts like Kapil Sibal and Salman Khurshid failed to ensure a win this time. Here’s a list of 30 prominent names that failed in the race to the lower house of Parliament:
3. Minister of External Affairs Salman Khursheed, who during election campaign called Narendra Modi “impotent” lost to BJP’s Mukesh Rajput of BJP from Farrukhabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
6. Priya Dutt of Congress lost her Mumbai North Central constituency to her rival Poonam Mahajan of BJP.
9. Lok Sabha speaker Meera Kumar of Indian national congress lost to Chhedi paswan of Bhartiya Janta Party in Sasaram constituency of Bihar.
10. Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Lok Dal lost to Dr. Satya Pal Singh of BJP from Baghpat constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
21. Arun Jaitley of BJP lost to Captain Amrinder Singh of Congress from Amritsar constituency in Punjab.
23. Sharad Yadav of Janata Dal-United lost to Rajesh Ranjan @ Pappu Yadav from Madhepura constituency in Bihar.
24. Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh who fought as an Independent candidate from Barmer constituency lost to Col. Sona Ram of BJP.
30. Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal who contested on NCP ticket from Nashik constituency in Maharashtra lost to Godse Hemant Tukaram of Shiv Sena.