The results of the Lok Sabha elections are out. While the results have brought in some new faces like Moon Moon Sen and Harsh Vardhan in the Lok Sabha, there are some old ones who failed to make it to Parliament this year. Some stalwarts like Kapil Sibal and Salman Khurshid failed to ensure a win this time. Here’s a list of 30 prominent names that failed in the race to the lower house of Parliament:
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
3. Minister of External Affairs Salman Khursheed, who during election campaign called Narendra Modi “impotent” lost to BJP’s Mukesh Rajput of BJP from Farrukhabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
6. Priya Dutt of Congress lost her Mumbai North Central constituency to her rival Poonam Mahajan of BJP.
9. Lok Sabha speaker Meera Kumar of Indian national congress lost to Chhedi paswan of Bhartiya Janta Party in Sasaram constituency of Bihar.
10. Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Lok Dal lost to Dr. Satya Pal Singh of BJP from Baghpat constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
21. Arun Jaitley of BJP lost to Captain Amrinder Singh of Congress from Amritsar constituency in Punjab.
23. Sharad Yadav of Janata Dal-United lost to Rajesh Ranjan @ Pappu Yadav from Madhepura constituency in Bihar.
24. Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh who fought as an Independent candidate from Barmer constituency lost to Col. Sona Ram of BJP.
30. Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal who contested on NCP ticket from Nashik constituency in Maharashtra lost to Godse Hemant Tukaram of Shiv Sena.