The toll in the school bus-train collision at an unmanned railway crossing in Telangana’s Medak district on Tuesday rose to 18 after a 11-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries at a private hospital in Hyderabad, even as the condition of four other students remained critical.
Vaishnavi, who was in “very critical condition” after receiving injuries in the mishap, was declared dead at 5.28 am, a release from Yashoda Hospital said. She was a resident of Islampur of Toopran mandal of Medak district.
Of the 20 students admitted to the hospital at Secunderabad, the condition of four students continues to remain serious and they are in the critical ward under close observation while seven other students (including three girls) are in stable condition.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Seven other students were discharged on Monday.
Sixteen persons comprising 14 school children, driver and the cleaner of the private school bus were killed and 20 students were injured when a passenger train hit their bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Masaipet village on July 24.