A District Consumer Court has ordered the management of the state-government run Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation liquor outlet, to pay Rs 30,000 as compensation to a customer, who fell sick, after reportedly consuming beer in which a nail was found, some two years ago.
Nagaraj, along with his friend had ordered for beer in a TASMAC shop near Avanashi in Tirupur District on June 16, 2012. He found a nail, while consuming the beer and the next day he fell sick and developed stomach ache and took treatment, the court was informed.
Nagaraj had filed a case in the Consumer Court seeking Rs 1.50 lakh compensation from TASMAC, which had failed to provide any explanation about the nail.
Delivering the judgement on Monday, Consumer Court Judge Dhandapani ordered the TASMAC management to pay Rs 30,000 as compensation and also Rs 1,000 as Court expenses to Nagaraj.
The amount should be paid by the Managing Director, District Manager and TASMAC shop, the order said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
TASMAC is a company owned by the state government, which has a monopoly over wholesale and retail vending of alcoholic beverages in the state. It controls the Indian Made Foreign Liquor trade in the state.