A District Consumer Court has ordered the management of the state-government run Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation liquor outlet, to pay Rs 30,000 as compensation to a customer, who fell sick, after reportedly consuming beer in which a nail was found, some two years ago.
Nagaraj, along with his friend had ordered for beer in a TASMAC shop near Avanashi in Tirupur District on June 16, 2012. He found a nail, while consuming the beer and the next day he fell sick and developed stomach ache and took treatment, the court was informed.
Nagaraj had filed a case in the Consumer Court seeking Rs 1.50 lakh compensation from TASMAC, which had failed to provide any explanation about the nail.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Delivering the judgement on Monday, Consumer Court Judge Dhandapani ordered the TASMAC management to pay Rs 30,000 as compensation and also Rs 1,000 as Court expenses to Nagaraj.
The amount should be paid by the Managing Director, District Manager and TASMAC shop, the order said.
TASMAC is a company owned by the state government, which has a monopoly over wholesale and retail vending of alcoholic beverages in the state. It controls the Indian Made Foreign Liquor trade in the state.