Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh,who has demanded a CBI investigation into the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal,was on Saturday summoned by police for questioning in the case.
Ghosh,who arrived at the Bidhannagar Commissionerate,told reporters that he was summoned by the Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) who rang him up yesterday.
“I have come here responding to his phone call. I am ready to fully cooperate with the police. I have said earlier that I will come whenever I am called,” the MP said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Saradha chit fund: SC notice to Centre and WB for CBI probe
Ghosh,who had yesterday demanded a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which defrauded thousands in the state,had been earlier questioned by the Bidhannagar police in April in the case.
Maintaining that he had full faith in Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the police,Ghosh said he had sought a CBI probe in the case since a political attack had been made on him.
“Whether I am involved in it or not may be investigated by the CBI if necessary,” he said.
Yesterday,the MP had demanded that all names that figured in the scam and those known to the Saradha Group CMD Sudipta Sen,should be interrogated by the CBI.
He had said that he refused to be used by those trying to keep him in front while shielding others in the scam.
Last night,TMC decided to issue show-cause notice to Ghosh along with two other party MPs,Satabdi Roy and Tapas Pal,for alleged anti-party activities after they shared dais with rebel party MLA Shikha Mitra.
Ghosh said that he was yet to receive any show cause letter from the party.
The TMC MP said,”If Mukulda (Mukul Roy) sends me any show cause,I will definitely reply to it.”
“But whoever signs the show cause letter will sign it knowing my pain. It may so happen that the person who signs the show cause letter is not in agreement with it,” he said.
Ghosh said that TMC workers toiled hard to bring the party to power and he also played a role. “I also fought on the street putting my life at stake.”
Stating that he was politically victimised,Ghosh said,”It is a planned conspiracy,but who did it I don’t know”.
Claiming that he was not involved in the Saradha chit fund scam,he said he had only worked there.
“To me Sudipta Sen was the owner,” he said.