Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh,who has demanded a CBI investigation into the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal,was on Saturday summoned by police for questioning in the case.
Ghosh,who arrived at the Bidhannagar Commissionerate,told reporters that he was summoned by the Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) who rang him up yesterday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I have come here responding to his phone call. I am ready to fully cooperate with the police. I have said earlier that I will come whenever I am called,” the MP said.
Saradha chit fund: SC notice to Centre and WB for CBI probe
Ghosh,who had yesterday demanded a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which defrauded thousands in the state,had been earlier questioned by the Bidhannagar police in April in the case.
Maintaining that he had full faith in Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the police,Ghosh said he had sought a CBI probe in the case since a political attack had been made on him.
“Whether I am involved in it or not may be investigated by the CBI if necessary,” he said.
Yesterday,the MP had demanded that all names that figured in the scam and those known to the Saradha Group CMD Sudipta Sen,should be interrogated by the CBI.
He had said that he refused to be used by those trying to keep him in front while shielding others in the scam.
Last night,TMC decided to issue show-cause notice to Ghosh along with two other party MPs,Satabdi Roy and Tapas Pal,for alleged anti-party activities after they shared dais with rebel party MLA Shikha Mitra.
Ghosh said that he was yet to receive any show cause letter from the party.
The TMC MP said,”If Mukulda (Mukul Roy) sends me any show cause,I will definitely reply to it.”
“But whoever signs the show cause letter will sign it knowing my pain. It may so happen that the person who signs the show cause letter is not in agreement with it,” he said.
Ghosh said that TMC workers toiled hard to bring the party to power and he also played a role. “I also fought on the street putting my life at stake.”
Stating that he was politically victimised,Ghosh said,”It is a planned conspiracy,but who did it I don’t know”.
Claiming that he was not involved in the Saradha chit fund scam,he said he had only worked there.
“To me Sudipta Sen was the owner,” he said.