The US has said that it was time to get past the recent tensions with India and the two sides should move on, days after arrest of an American police officer at New Delhi airport for possessing bullets.
“We’ve said we want to get past some of the tensions that have been there over the past several months and move on,” State Department Deputy Spokesperson Marie Harf said. She was responding to questions about the arrest of New York Police Department officer Manny Encarnacion, 49, at New Delhi airport on March 11 for possessing three bullets. “We can’t get into the specific case because of privacy considerations,” she told reporters on Friday.
“I think we feel like we’ve moved past this and hope the Indians have as well,” Harf said, adding that is a very close and a trusted partner. “I can’t share any more about this individual because of the privacy concerns.”
New York Congressman Peter King termed the arrest as “politically motivated” in response to the arrest of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade and has asked the State Department to seek the release of the officer. Encarnacion has been charged with violating the Indian Arms Act of 1959 and faces up to seven years in prison. He is forbidden from leaving India till his case is settled. His next court appearance is on April 17.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More