Three students of a reputed Patna school, influenced by a movie left home apparently to catch underworld don Dawood Ibrahim. They got the idea after watching Bollywood film D-Day, police said.
The three students of class nine returned after staying in Kolkata for a couple of days.
When they did not return from school on Friday, their parents approached Digha police station. Police spoke to the school administration and learnt they had not been doing well in studies and used to skip classes. As police intensified the search, two of them returned to Patna on Sunday. The “missing” boy returned a day later.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told The Indian Express: “The three told police they wanted to earn a fast buck by catching Dawood and handing him over to the Government of India. One of the boys had watched D-Day a month ago and came up with the idea”.
The SSP said the three did an Internet search and got a map of a house describing it as the house where Dawood lived. The three wanted to take the help of JD(U) Mokama legislator Anant Singh but could not meet the MLA, said the SSP adding that one of the boys claimed his grandmother lived in Karachi and hence they would not have to worry about accommodation. They did not have any idea of needing a passport and visa to reach Pakistan.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Maharaj said police had not registered any case against the three and handed them over to their parents.