Ahead of Independence Day celebrations, three militants were apprehended by a police party from Punjab.
Identified as Paramjit Singh alias Pumma, Harpreet Singh alias Pintu Pakistani and Swarn Singh alias Kabbu, the police seized three SIM cards of a Pakistan cellular operator along with mobile phones from them.The first two hailed from Simbal Camp and third one from R S Pura.
While the state police was tight lipped over the arrests, sources said that they were arrested from their houses. The police party had come from Jalandar following a tip off that Sikh militants were planning to carry out some major militant activity in Punjab.
Meanwhile, Surjit Sinhh Sasan, district vice president of ruling National Conference, who also happens to be the uncle of Harpreet Singh, on Monday said that he along with Paramjit were sent by an official of Jammu Kashmir Police for intelligence gathering in 1997-98. They returned after a month and surrendered at Arnia police station,
After a prolonged trial, they were acquitted of the charged levelled by police. On Monday, a police party from Punjab picked them up from their houses saying that they have contacts in Pakistan. Harpreet, however, is running a provision store after taking a bank loan of Rs three lakh, Sasan said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More