As India–Pakistan DG-level talks are being held today in New Delhi, Pakistani troops again violated ceasefire on the Line of Control at Nowgam sector in North Kashmir. Two BSF jawans were injured in the firing.
Officials said that Pakistani troops opened fire on the BSF pickets on the LoC in Nowgam sector in the morning. The BSF jawans also retaliated with full force. Officials said that BSF patrol party was on a routine patrol from Hira Left Post to Hira Right Post, when two sniper shots were fired from Pakistani posts that left the jawans Jawhar Lal Yadav and Rahul Yadav injured.
- J&K: BSF jawan killed in Pakistan shelling along LoC in RS Pura sector
- Major among seven Pakistani soldiers killed in LoC firing: Army
- J&K: Pakistan troops violate ceasefire in Poonch, Rajouri districts; Indian troops retaliating
- Ceasefire violation in Poonch: Jawan, porter killed, 8 injured in mortar shelling from Pakistan
- Three Army jawans injured as Pakistan shells LoC areas
- Two BSF jawans among 5 injured in Pakistan shelling along Line of Control, IB
“Two of our jawans were injured in the ceasefire violation by Pakistan. The injured jawans were shifted to hospital,’’ BSF spokesman told The Indian Express. The firing is still going on in the area.
Last month, a junior commissioned officer of Army was killed in the same sector when Pakistani soldiers opened fire on the Indian troops.