As a tribute to one of their fellow mates who donated her organs after succumbing to brain tumour recently, more than thousand students of a private college in Kerala capital have taken a pledge to donate their organs.
The students of Mar Ivanios College took the pledge and signed in the symbolic organ donation cards expressing their consent for the gesture at the college auditorium, as part of the annual college festival on Wednesday. Noted singer G Venugopal administered the pledge “we do-we donate” to the gathering comprising students and teachers.
The campaign, launched by the college union, was to mark the noble gesture of Teena Thankan, a former graduate student of the college who wished to donate her vital organs before succumbing to brain tumor some months back. Her decision gave fresh lease of life to five persons who were battling for life, college union representatives said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The union representatives said they were planning to organise awareness drives on organ donation annually. They also conducted street plays to expose the illegal activities of organ donation mafia.