Condemning the steep hike in rail fares, BSP supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Mayawati, on Saturday, said this was not the beginning of “good days” for the common people.
The decision had exposed the reality of the Narendra Modi government, she said in a statement and demanded an immediate roll back of the hike. The BSP chief said the steep hike in passenger fares and freight rates just before the budget would put additional burden on the common people and further increase inflation.
She said the hike amounted to cheating the common people. After making tall promises to the people, the reality
of the new government had been exposed in just a month’s time, the BSP head said.
“This only goes to prove that it is not the beginning of good but bad days for the common people,” she said. The BSP leader demanded an immediate roll back of the hike.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016