Condemning the steep hike in rail fares, BSP supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Mayawati, on Saturday, said this was not the beginning of “good days” for the common people.
The decision had exposed the reality of the Narendra Modi government, she said in a statement and demanded an immediate roll back of the hike. The BSP chief said the steep hike in passenger fares and freight rates just before the budget would put additional burden on the common people and further increase inflation.
She said the hike amounted to cheating the common people. After making tall promises to the people, the reality
of the new government had been exposed in just a month’s time, the BSP head said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“This only goes to prove that it is not the beginning of good but bad days for the common people,” she said. The BSP leader demanded an immediate roll back of the hike.