Thirteen persons were killed and seven others injured on Saturday when a private bus, they were travelling in, fell into a deep gorge in Chamoli district in Uttarakhand.
The impact of the fall was so huge, the bus was broken into pieces, said a police official here.
The bus was going from Rishikesh to Ghat and fell off a steep slope into a 300 m-deep gorge at about 12:45 pm, when it was around half a kilometre away from its destination, said the official.
Many passengers on board the bus are still missing and search was on to find them, he added.
Search and rescue teams have meanwhile pulled out seven injured passengers from the mangled remains of the bus and rushed them to a hospital, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The bus was owned by Garhwal Motor Owners Company. Most of the passengers of the bus are said to have been hailing from Ghat block, he said.