Almost fifteen months after infamous Shil-Daighar building collapse in which 74 people were killed, police has arrested the chief contractor of the structure from Latur.
“With the arrest of Laxman Rathod Saturday evening, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 25,” Sanjeev Kadam, senior inspector of Thane crime branch, said on Sunday.
The building, mostly housing the lower-middle class families of migrants from other states, had collapsed in April 2013 at the area located between Mumbra and Dombivli in the district.
Kadam said that three out of 28 people, comprising contractors, civic officials, policemen, local corporator, collection agents, who had been named as accused in the case, are still at large.
While a total of 14 accused, including some senior officials and employees of the Thane Municipal Corporation are out on bail, 11 persons, including the main builders are currently behind bars.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Rathod is lodged in Adharwadi jail at Kalyan,” the officer said.