The police have arrested a Territorial Army soldier for allegedly raping a woman at Zurhama village of Kupwara district.
Showkat Ahmad Malik, a resident of neigbouring Trehgam village of the district, has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 458 (barging into house during night with an aim to assault) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
According to the police, Malik left his Marhama camp around 10 pm Saturday night and reached Zurhama village where he forcibly entered the woman’s house. He then assaulted the woman who raised an alarm. Before her neighbours could come to her rescue, the soldier had allegedly raped the woman. Villagers later caught hold of Malik, beat him and handed him over to police.
“Malik was wearing civilian dress. We apprehend that he was accompanied by his colleague who is absconding,” said SHO of Kupwara Sajad Ahmad. He said the soldiers had been stalking the woman for some time. The woman has been sent for examination. The Army spokesman was unavailable for comment.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016