The police have arrested a Territorial Army soldier for allegedly raping a woman at Zurhama village of Kupwara district.
Showkat Ahmad Malik, a resident of neigbouring Trehgam village of the district, has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 458 (barging into house during night with an aim to assault) of the Ranbir Penal Code.
According to the police, Malik left his Marhama camp around 10 pm Saturday night and reached Zurhama village where he forcibly entered the woman’s house. He then assaulted the woman who raised an alarm. Before her neighbours could come to her rescue, the soldier had allegedly raped the woman. Villagers later caught hold of Malik, beat him and handed him over to police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Malik was wearing civilian dress. We apprehend that he was accompanied by his colleague who is absconding,” said SHO of Kupwara Sajad Ahmad. He said the soldiers had been stalking the woman for some time. The woman has been sent for examination. The Army spokesman was unavailable for comment.