Tension gripped Meerut district’s Kharkhauda and Atrada areas here as members of a particular communities attacked and pelted stone at the houses of members of another community last night, over the alleged gangrape and religious conversion of a 20-year-old woman here.
Police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed in the area to bring the situation under control.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Captain M S Begh, the 20-year-old woman’s father had lodged a complaint last night in Kharkhauda police station against Village Pradhan Nawab Khan, cleric Sallaullah, his wife and daughter Nishant for abduction and rape.
The complainant alleged that Nawab along with five others abducted his daughter on July 23 and took her to a Madrassa where they raped and illegally confined her. They also forcefully made her sign some papers related to religious conversion.
Begh said, the woman managed to escape and returned to her house on July 30 and narrated her ordeal to her parents.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He said the woman’s medical examination has confirmed rape and cuts were found on her abdomen. He rejected media reports that the girl’s kidney had been removed.
The woman’s statement was recorded today and Kharkhauda police station in-charge has been sent to line for negligence of duty in the case, Begh said.
Meerut District magistrate Pankaj Yadav today said that Sallaullah, his wife and daughter have been arrested.
Since the incident occurred in Hapud, he said the final decision post magisterial inquiry into the matter will be taken by Hapud district magistrate.
A magisterial enquiry into the incident will be conducted by Deputy District Collector S P Singh, who will submit a report within a week, District Magistrate (Hapud) Rajesh Kumar Singh said.
Meanwhile, BJP MP Rajesh Kumar Agarwal has said that if strict police action is not taken in the matter the party will take to the streets.
Several BJP workers today protested outside the Commissioner’s office, led by party trader cell state chief Vineet Agarwal Sharda.
Sharda alleged that the police and state government are working under pressure of ruling SP leaders and said if culprits are not brought to book, all the traders in the state will go on strike.
Begh assured that the situation is normal now.