Tempers ran high in Rajya Sabha on Monday with official papers being torn by some members objecting to the mention of ten MPs for action against them for “violation of rules”.
The copies of House bulletin were torn by V Maitreyan (AIADMK) and T M Selvaganapathi (DMK) during a protest by members over various issues including Telangana statehood and plight of Tamil fishermen.
The House saw four adjournments till lunch without any substantial business being transacted.
Members from TDP raised the Telangana issue, while DMK and AIADMK protested harassment of Tamil fishermen by trooping into the Well as soon as the House met for the day, forcing Chairman Hamid Ansari to adjourn it twice including one within barely a minute after it assembled.
The agitating members again rushed to the Well displaying placards like “Save Andhra Pradesh” as soon as it reassembled at noon, with Deputy Chairman P J Kurien adjourning it for 15 minutes till 12.17 PM.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, when it met again, similar scenes were witnessed and in the melee Maitreyan and a few others were seen tearing bulletins in which members of AIADMK, DMK and TDP were named for obstructing proceedings.
With the House in disorder, an angry Kurein said, “I know what you want. You want censoring of the proceedings of the House. It is illegal, against rules. It is unbecoming of you. What you are doing is wrong…unruly. I am sorry.”
During the uproar, ministers Jairam Ramesh and Rajiv Shukla were seen requesting Maitreyan not to throw the torn pieces of papers.
Kurien then adjourned the House till 2 PM.