A 45-year-old farmer from Nizamabad district of Telangana allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself to an electric pole at Lower Tank Bund here today, police said.
Limbaiah B had come to the city three days ago and got his son, who was suffering from a health problem, admitted to a private hospital in Chaderghat area, they said.
- Facing harassment, member of Pardhi community kills himself
- Farmer commits suicide in Hooghly after ‘failing to repay Rs 5 lakh’
- Will continue stir until all demands are met: Yashwant Sinha in Akola
- Yashwant Sinha to continue farmers' agitation till govt accepts all demands
- Three men arrested for ‘abetting painter’s suicide’
- Debt-ridden farmer ends life in MP
This morning, Limbaiah went to Lower Tank Bund and gave Rs 10,000 to a temple priest asking him to put the money in a ‘hundi’ (offering box) and later hanged himself from the pole, Gandhi Nagar Police Station Inspector A Sanjeeva Rao said.
“The incident is not farm-related (loan due or crop failure) and the exact reason for him to resort to the extreme step is being verified,” Rao said.
A case has been registered and further probe is on.