Life in Telangana may come to a standstill tomrrow with the Government conducting a massive household survey across the newly-formed State to ascertain comprehensive information on the citizens, an exercise which has attracted criticism from certain quarters.
The “Intensive Household Survey”, being compared with the General Elections in size, would cover an estimated 84 lakh families living in Telangana, involving about four lakh Government employees, including police personnel and teachers, a press release issued earlier said.
Refuting allegations that the survey is aimed at identifying Seemandhra natives, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday said that the exercise is intended to ensure that benefits of Government schemes reached the targeted sections.
Public transport buses are expected to stay off the roads and Government has already declared a holiday tomorrow.
According to information reaching here, trains, buses and other modes of public transport are full to the brim with people leaving for their native places to get enrolled in the survey covering a dozen districts.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Significantly, Telangana natives living in cities like Mumbai, Surat have also been travelling to their home places to participate in the massive process.
According to the “Check Slip” posted on the website of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), data is sought about the number of family members in a household, water tap connection, property tax assessment, LPG & electricity connections, bank account, Aadhaar card, caste certificate, birth certificate, disability, vehicles and land owned.
The enumerators have already made pre-survey visits to the households in the run up to the survey.
In a media release this evening, the Chief Minster appealed to the people to make the survey a success.
Observing the survey is being conducted for providing welfare schemes to the people and find out what they want, Rao asked citizens to give correct information to the enumerators.
Taking exception to certain critical comments made by Opposition TDP and BJP regarding the controversial survey, Rao had on Sunday said the parties were raising a false alarm.
“The TRS Government wants to be target specific. It (the survey) is aimed at helping the people and the poor,” he had said.