The Telangana bill was on Tuesday moved for consideration and passage in the Lok Sabha amid din. This came after arliament was adjourned for almost an hour as members trooped into the Well raising Telangana and other issues.
As soon as Lok Sabha assembled for the day and Speaker Meira Kumar paid tributes to a departed former MP Bheem Singh Patel, Congress members from Andhra Pradesh, including some central ministers, trooped into the Well. They raised slogans to protest moves to carve out separate Telangana state. Minister M M Pallam Raju stood in the aisle, while his ministerial colleague D Purandeshwari was in the Well. AIADMK members were also in the Well protesting attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy.
Shailendra Kumar (SP), who too was in the Well, sought inclusion of some castes in the scheduled castes list while a member from Maharashtra demanded passage of SC/ST sub-plan bill. The Speaker began the Question Hour but as the din continued, she adjourned the House till noon.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In Rajya Sabha, TDP and AIADMK members rushed into the Well as soon as proceedings of the day started. TDP members opposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, while AIADMK members referred to the plight of Tamil fishermen. Holding placards, DMK members asked the Centre to move a resolution at UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) against Sri Lanka. As Chairman Hamid Ansari’s repeated pleas for order went unheeded, he adjourned the House till noon minutes after the day’s proceedings began.