The Telangana bill was on Tuesday moved for consideration and passage in the Lok Sabha amid din. This came after arliament was adjourned for almost an hour as members trooped into the Well raising Telangana and other issues.
As soon as Lok Sabha assembled for the day and Speaker Meira Kumar paid tributes to a departed former MP Bheem Singh Patel, Congress members from Andhra Pradesh, including some central ministers, trooped into the Well. They raised slogans to protest moves to carve out separate Telangana state. Minister M M Pallam Raju stood in the aisle, while his ministerial colleague D Purandeshwari was in the Well. AIADMK members were also in the Well protesting attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy.
Shailendra Kumar (SP), who too was in the Well, sought inclusion of some castes in the scheduled castes list while a member from Maharashtra demanded passage of SC/ST sub-plan bill. The Speaker began the Question Hour but as the din continued, she adjourned the House till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, TDP and AIADMK members rushed into the Well as soon as proceedings of the day started. TDP members opposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, while AIADMK members referred to the plight of Tamil fishermen. Holding placards, DMK members asked the Centre to move a resolution at UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) against Sri Lanka. As Chairman Hamid Ansari’s repeated pleas for order went unheeded, he adjourned the House till noon minutes after the day’s proceedings began.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest