The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was adjourned for the second consecutive day on Tuesday without transacting business as legislators from Seemandhra and Telangana disrupted proceedings over Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy’s notice issued last Saturday.
Trouble started as soon as the House assembled with Telangana legislators on their feet demanding that the notice issued by the CM to reject the Telangana Bill be rejected by Speaker N Manohar.
Seemandhra MLAs raised slogans demanding that the Speaker call for a vote over the notice. Amidst chaos, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House twice before adjourning it for the day. Telangana MLAs, cutting across political lines, surrounded the Speaker’s podium forcing him to adjourn the House within minutes of starting. Ministers from Telangana warned by the Speaker Monday for rushing to the well of the House protested by standing near their seats. After lunch hour, when the din continued in the House, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
Meanwhile, focus in Congress shifted to Rajya Sabha nominations with the Congress re-nominating K V P Ramachandra Rao, nipping much of the rebellion in the bud. The party renominated T Subbirami Reddy and M A Khan. Although Seemandhra MLAs threatened to field their own candidate in protest of the bifurcation, rebellion fizzled out by Tuesday evening as it did not get much traction. Congress member of Legislative Council K V Satyanarayana Raju filed his nomination as a rebel Independent but is likely to withdraw as the 20 MLAs who assured support started moving away from him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More