Tennis player Sania Mirza was appointed brand ambassador of Telangana by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday and was given a cheque of Rs 1 crore, which the Chief Minister said is for training and preparation purposes for upcoming tournaments.
As the brand ambassador of Telangana, Mirza is expected to promote the new state’s interests in India and abroad. “Telangana is proud of Sania Mirza, a true Hyderabadi. In international tennis, she is ranked No. 5 and we wish she becomes No. 1 very soon,’’ Rao said while felicitating her at an interaction session with various industry representatives.
Rao interacted with representatives of industry bodies like CII, FICCI, Assocham, and small and medium enterprises to get their views for shaping the industrial policy of Telangana, which he said would be announced by August-end.
Rao said his government will make 20 lakh acres uncultivable land available to the industry.
“A survey has been started to identify land that we can offer for setting up new industries. There is plenty of uncultivable land. At least 3 lakh acres is available, which will be given immediately for setting up industries,’’ he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The survey has been taken up by Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSIIDC), which will submit its report by the end of this month.
The Chief Minister said the government will start single window clearances for new industries and projects coming in.
“We will ensure that everything happens very quickly and the process will be hassle free. We will also ensure a corruption-free environment,’’ the CM assured the industry representatives.
“Singapore has the best single window clearance system. I assure you that Telangana will have a better single window clearance policy. I will myself invite investors receive their proposals and within a few days, I will hand over all the necessary clearances and permissions to them. They don’t have to approach any other office,” the CM said.
The TRS government will also give 100 per cent stamp duty waiver to new industries ready to invest Rs 200 crore in the state, thus, redefining ‘mega industry’ status which has to be Rs 250 crore investment and above to be eligible for cent per cent stamp duty waiver.