Tennis player Sania Mirza was appointed brand ambassador of Telangana by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday and was given a cheque of Rs 1 crore, which the Chief Minister said is for training and preparation purposes for upcoming tournaments.
As the brand ambassador of Telangana, Mirza is expected to promote the new state’s interests in India and abroad. “Telangana is proud of Sania Mirza, a true Hyderabadi. In international tennis, she is ranked No. 5 and we wish she becomes No. 1 very soon,’’ Rao said while felicitating her at an interaction session with various industry representatives.
Rao interacted with representatives of industry bodies like CII, FICCI, Assocham, and small and medium enterprises to get their views for shaping the industrial policy of Telangana, which he said would be announced by August-end.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rao said his government will make 20 lakh acres uncultivable land available to the industry.
“A survey has been started to identify land that we can offer for setting up new industries. There is plenty of uncultivable land. At least 3 lakh acres is available, which will be given immediately for setting up industries,’’ he added.
The survey has been taken up by Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSIIDC), which will submit its report by the end of this month.
The Chief Minister said the government will start single window clearances for new industries and projects coming in.
“We will ensure that everything happens very quickly and the process will be hassle free. We will also ensure a corruption-free environment,’’ the CM assured the industry representatives.
“Singapore has the best single window clearance system. I assure you that Telangana will have a better single window clearance policy. I will myself invite investors receive their proposals and within a few days, I will hand over all the necessary clearances and permissions to them. They don’t have to approach any other office,” the CM said.
The TRS government will also give 100 per cent stamp duty waiver to new industries ready to invest Rs 200 crore in the state, thus, redefining ‘mega industry’ status which has to be Rs 250 crore investment and above to be eligible for cent per cent stamp duty waiver.