A local court on Saturday deferred its order till April 2 on plea of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal, who is in jail in rape case, seeking to meet his ailing mother twice a week at his North Goa residence.
Tejpal, who is accused of raping his colleague in a starred hotel at an event here last year, had claimed that his mother was suffering from brain tumour and is in the last stage of her life.
The fast track court which heard arguments in the matter reserved its order till April 2. The crime branch represented by public prosecutor Francis Tavora did not oppose Tejpal’s plea. Tejpal’s lawyer pleaded with the court to grant the request of his client on whatever conditions it might want to impose.
This is the second application moved by Tejpal requesting for a meeting with his mother. Earlier, the court had permitted him to meet her on March 13.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review