A local court on Saturday deferred its order till April 2 on plea of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal, who is in jail in rape case, seeking to meet his ailing mother twice a week at his North Goa residence.
Tejpal, who is accused of raping his colleague in a starred hotel at an event here last year, had claimed that his mother was suffering from brain tumour and is in the last stage of her life.
The fast track court which heard arguments in the matter reserved its order till April 2. The crime branch represented by public prosecutor Francis Tavora did not oppose Tejpal’s plea. Tejpal’s lawyer pleaded with the court to grant the request of his client on whatever conditions it might want to impose.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
This is the second application moved by Tejpal requesting for a meeting with his mother. Earlier, the court had permitted him to meet her on March 13.