The Supreme Court on Friday extended till Tuesday the interim bail granted to former Tehelka magazine editor Tarun Tejpal in a sexual assault case.
A vacation bench of Justice Vikramjit Singh and Justice S K Singh fixed Tejpal’s bail plea for hearing before a regular bench on Tuesday and said that the interim protection would continue till then.
Goa Police, however, pointed out to the court that extension of relief should be reconsidered since Tejpal has not moved any formal plea to prolong the reprieve.
The police also alleged that there was an attempt by Tejpal to “assault the psyche of the victim” as her boyfriend had been receiving sham emails from fictitious accounts asking for private photos and messages of their relationship.
The bench however said that the matter she be heard at length by the regular bench next week after the court reopens.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The apex court had on May 19 granted him interim bail for three weeks to enable him to attend the cremation of his mother, who had died on May 18, and subsequent rituals. It had on June 3 further extended the interim bail till June 27.
Tejpal, 50, has been chargesheeted for allegedly raping, sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague during an event held at a Goa hotel last year.