The Supreme Court on Friday extended till Tuesday the interim bail granted to former Tehelka magazine editor Tarun Tejpal in a sexual assault case.
A vacation bench of Justice Vikramjit Singh and Justice S K Singh fixed Tejpal’s bail plea for hearing before a regular bench on Tuesday and said that the interim protection would continue till then.
Goa Police, however, pointed out to the court that extension of relief should be reconsidered since Tejpal has not moved any formal plea to prolong the reprieve.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The police also alleged that there was an attempt by Tejpal to “assault the psyche of the victim” as her boyfriend had been receiving sham emails from fictitious accounts asking for private photos and messages of their relationship.
The bench however said that the matter she be heard at length by the regular bench next week after the court reopens.
The apex court had on May 19 granted him interim bail for three weeks to enable him to attend the cremation of his mother, who had died on May 18, and subsequent rituals. It had on June 3 further extended the interim bail till June 27.
Tejpal, 50, has been chargesheeted for allegedly raping, sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague during an event held at a Goa hotel last year.