The bail plea hearing of the Tehelka founder and former editor Tarun Tejpal, facing charges of rape of a junior journalist colleague, began on Tuesday.
As the hearing began, the media persons were asked to vacate the courtroom.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had on Monday granted permission to Tejpal to be present in the court during hearing of his bail plea.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Tejpal had moved an application before the bench seeking permission to be present in the court during hearing of his bail petition.
The 50-year-old journalist had contended that his presence was required as he wanted to assist his lawyer during the hearing.
Tejpal has been charged with rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of the woman journalist in Goa in November last year.
Tejpal, arrested on November 30 last year is currently lodged in Sada sub jail near Vasco town, around 40 kms from here.
(With PTI inputs)