The bail plea hearing of the Tehelka founder and former editor Tarun Tejpal, facing charges of rape of a junior journalist colleague, began on Tuesday.
As the hearing began, the media persons were asked to vacate the courtroom.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had on Monday granted permission to Tejpal to be present in the court during hearing of his bail plea.
Tejpal had moved an application before the bench seeking permission to be present in the court during hearing of his bail petition.
The 50-year-old journalist had contended that his presence was required as he wanted to assist his lawyer during the hearing.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Tejpal has been charged with rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of the woman journalist in Goa in November last year.
Tejpal, arrested on November 30 last year is currently lodged in Sada sub jail near Vasco town, around 40 kms from here.
(With PTI inputs)