The charge sheet against Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal in connection with the sexual assault case would be filed by next week.
“The charge sheet in Tehelka case would be filed by February 5. The investigation in the case is almost over,” a senior crime branch official said.
A former junior woman journalist of the Tehelka magazine had alleged that Tejpal had sexually assaulted her inside the lift of a five-star hotel during an event in Goa in November last year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tejpal(50) was arrested by the crime branch police on November 30 in Goa after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by a local court.
He is currently lodged in Sada sub jail after the court sent him in judicial custody.
The investigating officer has already recorded several statements, including that of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and Tejpal’s daughter, along with the deposition of the victim in connection with the case.
The crime branch officials expect to file a “water tight” case against Tejpal.