A 26-year-old woman, an IT professional, was found murdered in Guntur town in Andhra Pradesh Sunday, two days after she married a man from another community against her parents’ wishes.
It was suspected that her parents P Hari Babu and Samrajyam strangulated her at the family’s house, police said, adding that her parents were absconding.
P Deepthi, a software engineer with an IT firm here since 2010, was in love with her colleague Kiran Kumar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Her parents were opposed to the affair, a senior police officer said. Despite the opposition, they got married on March 21 at an Arya Samaj temple here.
“Her parents took them to their native place in Guntur, telling the newly wed couple they had accepted the marriage and the couple only needed to perform some rituals in Guntur,” the officer said.
In Guntur, the parents took the girl away while Kiran Kumar and his friends were asked to stay at a lodge.
“Kiran tried to call his wife on her cellphone this morning, and as there was no response, he alerted police who broke open the door of the house to find the woman lying dead on the bed. She had been strangulated with her chunri,” said the officer.
The police have formed teams to nab the parents.