TDP MP from Khammam Nama Nageshwara Rao Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and told him that if the Telangana Bill is introduced in Parliament, the TDP’s two MPs from Telangana would welcome and support it.
Besides Nageshwara Rao, the other TDP MP from Telangana is Ramesh Rathod from Adilabad. The two MPs also discussed with the PM the cracks in TDP over supporting Telangana.
Besides Rao and Rathod, several former TDP MLAs, ministers and leaders under the aegis of Telangana Telugu Desam Forum also met the Prime Minister.
“We informed him that the Telangana Bill should be tabled in Parliament and we two TDP MPs from Telangana would support it. We also requested him that he and the Congress high command should also ensure that the Bill is passed in this Parliament session,” Rao told The Indian Express.
While assuring the TDP MPs that the Centre was committed to introduce and make all efforts to pass the Telangana Bill in Parliament, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh pointed out the TDP was divided over supporting Telangana Bill.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, sources said, the Centre was considering certain amendments suggested by members of the Andhra Assembly.