TDP MP from Khammam Nama Nageshwara Rao Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and told him that if the Telangana Bill is introduced in Parliament, the TDP’s two MPs from Telangana would welcome and support it.
Besides Nageshwara Rao, the other TDP MP from Telangana is Ramesh Rathod from Adilabad. The two MPs also discussed with the PM the cracks in TDP over supporting Telangana.
Besides Rao and Rathod, several former TDP MLAs, ministers and leaders under the aegis of Telangana Telugu Desam Forum also met the Prime Minister.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We informed him that the Telangana Bill should be tabled in Parliament and we two TDP MPs from Telangana would support it. We also requested him that he and the Congress high command should also ensure that the Bill is passed in this Parliament session,” Rao told The Indian Express.
While assuring the TDP MPs that the Centre was committed to introduce and make all efforts to pass the Telangana Bill in Parliament, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh pointed out the TDP was divided over supporting Telangana Bill.
Meanwhile, sources said, the Centre was considering certain amendments suggested by members of the Andhra Assembly.