TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who was involved in a fracas over Telangana bill in the Lok Sabha on Thursday, termed as a “lie” the allegation that he was carrying a knife inside the House and claimed that he was assaulted by 10 members.
“I was not carrying a knife inside the House. This is a lie being spread by the Government. I was holding a mike which may have looked like a knife,” Reddy told reporters outside Parliament.
The TDP MP said, “this is a black day in the history of Parliament. I was opposing the introduction of the Telangana bill in the House when these things happened.”
“They wanted to forcibly introduce the Bill…. Meanwhile I pulled the mike in front of the secretary general. It was the only instrument I had in my hand. I have been falsely implicated by Sushilkumar Shinde, Kamal Nath,” he said.
Reddy alleged that 10 MPs had beaten him up as “they want to kill me politically and physically. The Congress MPs became marshals today”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He alleged that the MPs who attacked him in the House included Raj Babbar, Poonam Prabhakar Rao, Manik Sarkar, Anjan Kumar Yadav, Vijay Shanti and Nama Nageshwar Rao.
Reddy along with other TDP members was also seen shouting slogans against Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh while he was leaving Parliament House complex after the developments in Lok Sabha.