Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal’s mother Shakuntala Tejpal passed away after being ill for sometime, his lawyer said on Monday. She was 87.
Shakuntala was suffering from brain tumour and was living in Tejpal’s house at Moira in North Goa.
“She expired last evening at Tejpal’s Goa residence. The decision is yet to be taken whether the final rites would be conducted in Goa or Delhi,” Tejpal’s lawyer Sandip Kapoor told PTI, adding that the family members will take a call on it.
She had been admitted to a hospital in Mapusa but was later discharged.
Tejpal’s lawyers are going to move the fast track court in Panaji seeking permission to allow him to perform the final rites.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We are going to move the court now. We heard the news about the demise last night around 9 PM,” the journalist’s another lawyer Raunak Rav said.
The court had in the past twice granted permission to Tejpal to meet his ailing mother, once in the hospital at Mapusa town and the second time at his residence in Goa.
Tejpal is booked for allegedly raping his woman colleague during an event in the state and has been lodged in jail since November 30 last year, after his anticipatory bail was rejected by a local court.