The Goa High Court on Tuesday deferred the bail plea hearing of Tehelka’s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused of raping a woman colleague, till March 4.
Justice Mridula Bhatkar said that since she wasn’t informed of the chargesheet having been filed, there is a change of circumstances. She said that defence could either withdraw and again appeal lower court.
The defence asked for time till Friday to appear again after reading the chargesheet to which the judge gave the next date on March 4.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Earlier on Tuesday, the security outside the Goa High Court was beefed up as police and prosecution prepared for the hearing and Tejpal was appeared before the court of Justice Mridula Bhatkar for the hearing. The family of Tejpal was also present at the court. Just before walking inside, Tejpal hugged his daughter Tiya.
The court allowed him to be present in court, much against prosecution’s plea that it would set a precedent and incur state expenditure towards his security between the jail and court.