Tehelka Founder Editor Tarun Tejpal who has been charge sheeted for raping a junior woman colleague in Goa last year has sought information under Right to Information (RTI) relating to the money spent on the entire exercise of investigating and prosecuting him in the case.
Tejpal has filed an application in this regard with Goa police listing four questions, a senior police officer said on Saturday. He said that Tejpal’s application is being scrutinised, on the grounds whether the information sought by him can be given under RTI act.
The 50-year-old journalist has sought to know how much money was spent by the state government to pay for the Special Public Prosecutor, for fighting the case against him in various courts, including Goa Bench of Bombay High Court. He has also inquired about the number of lawyers those were engaged by the state government in this case. Tejpal who was arrested on November 30 was denied bail by the sessions and High Court. He has now moved the Supreme Court for bail.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The RTI also seeks to know as to how many police officers or officials were assigned to investigate the charges of rape against him,” a senior official said, adding he has also asked for the details of traveling and other miscellaneous expenses incurred by the officials, traveling between Goa-Mumbai and Goa-Delhi to gather evidence against him.