Founder editor of Tehelka magazine Tarun Tejpal who has been charged with allegedly raping a junior female journalist colleague during an event in Goa, has moved the Supreme Court seeking bail.
“The bail plea was filed on Wednesday before the Supreme Court,” his advocate Sandip Kapoor said on Thursday.
The Goa bench of the Bombay High Court had already rejected a bail petition by Tejpal, who is currently in judicial remand and lodged at Sada sub-jail.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tejpal’s bail plea filed before the apex court mentioned that in this case, the trial is likely to take time and hence the accused should be freed on bail. The petition has cited the judge’s order which refused bail to Tejpal, saying that the trial would begin in two months.
Tejpal’s petition has also stated that there are 152 prosecution witnesses who have to be cross examined by the court, due to which the trial is likely to get prolonged further. His petition is likely to come up for hearing next week.