Founder editor of Tehelka magazine Tarun Tejpal who has been charged with allegedly raping a junior female journalist colleague during an event in Goa, has moved the Supreme Court seeking bail.
“The bail plea was filed on Wednesday before the Supreme Court,” his advocate Sandip Kapoor said on Thursday.
The Goa bench of the Bombay High Court had already rejected a bail petition by Tejpal, who is currently in judicial remand and lodged at Sada sub-jail.
Tejpal’s bail plea filed before the apex court mentioned that in this case, the trial is likely to take time and hence the accused should be freed on bail. The petition has cited the judge’s order which refused bail to Tejpal, saying that the trial would begin in two months.
Tejpal’s petition has also stated that there are 152 prosecution witnesses who have to be cross examined by the court, due to which the trial is likely to get prolonged further. His petition is likely to come up for hearing next week.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review